Monday, June 3, 2024

Action Figure #150: League of Legends Champions Collection Akali

  Because I haven't written enough about Ninjas.

 Well, everything is better with Ninjas, right? I hope so, 'cause Akali is up next. I don't think I ever played her well, but, I did use to think that she looked cool, so there's that.
 Akali, well, Akali is massive. Her hair is a big part of that, but, y'know, she'll probably tower over all your Marvel Legends, so do keep that in mind. This is probably one of my favorite League of Legends sculpts, because she looks the part, and the colors they picked are just perfect. As with the other SpinMaster LoL releases, she does look a bit plastic-y, but I'd say overall, she's a but more 'natural' looking than the previous figures I wrote about. She comes with a few Kunai and her Scythe, but none of her hands can get a good grip on either, so do keep that in mind when posing her.
 She's got a very overly-designed outfit, so as you probably guessed... she's not very articulate. She's got ball-jointed elbows and bicep swivels, alongside double-jointed elbows and single jointed knees. There's no waist swivel, but the torso joint can get allow you to twist her torso a bit. That said, I think this figure would've benefitted more from a waist swivel than a torso ball-joint. Her skirt is made up of a rubbery material, but it prohibits any movement from the left left backwards or forwards, so when it comes to posing... she'll always be putting her right foot forward. She's way taller than the Bucky-Cap Mold, particularly if you count her 'do.
 Akali is an alright figure, y'know? I mean... I'm not a huge fan, I'm sure it could've been done much better, but there's nothing horribly wrong with her.
6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment