Monday, June 3, 2024

Action Figure #137: DC Multiverse Batman

  So... this makes him the plastic crusader? The rubber crusader?

 You didn't think I'd only have a single basic Batman figure, right? This one is based on his Rebirth look.
 I really like this sculpt. He's got a very stylized squared head that looks a bit more animated than his Rebirth Superman and Rebirth Wonderwoman counterparts, but I think it fits him quite well, because, after all, he is Batman. I like how this Batman has a fair bit more yellow than the other figure I own. He also has a better sized head.
 Sadly, as good as the sculpt is... the articulation is a bit disappointing in two regards. For starters, the rubber cape is placed OVER his arms, which prevents him from lifting his arms all the way. You can push the cowl a bit upwards to get some punchy poses, but not too much. This figure, with the cape like this, was a prime subject for a cloth cape. The other point is... remember how I claimed the better articulation bucks was relegated to the Bat-Family? It only applies to his sidekicks, because this guy features the same articulation as the DCUC figures, with single jointed elbows and legs, as well as the legs not being on ball joints. WonderWoman and Superman got the new articulation, so why does Batman get screwed over? He's slightly taller than the Bucky-Cap buck.
 When I do my DC displays, this is the Batman I pick because the sculpt is really good.... but man, they could've done so much better with him.
6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment