Sunday, June 2, 2024

Action Figure #130: Jada Toys Ryu

  SURE YOU CAN!

 And right after Fei Long, then, finally, Street Fighter's poster boy Ryu made his plastic appearance. I actually bought both figures together, but Fei Long did come out first.
 Once again, Jada did a brilliant job with the sculpt. There's shading on his skin AND on his Karate Gi, what's more, you can actually remove the Karate Gi in case you want a shirtless Ryu. That said... my figure, the head, came with the paint slightly off-centered. You can't see it unless you look closely, but it is there, and I've read that a handful of other people had the same issue. My figure also came with one of the feet look weird with the connection to the leg. I think it's just missing plastic, because neither leg is longer than the other, but it is there. Also, it has the same issue as Fei Long: The head's skin tone is noticeably different from the body.
 The articulation is slightly the same as the one on Fei Long, so the guy can get into a ton of really cool attacking poses. These Jada figures are a pleasure to pose around. He's almost as tall as the Bucky Cap buck.
 Another top-notch figure... despite the QC issues. Luckily, in my figure at least, it's barely noticeable, so I don't mind too much... but enough as to lower the score, even though I like Ryu a whole lot more than Fei Long.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment