Friday, September 30, 2022

Game #1248: Blazblue Chrono Phantasma(Playstation Vita)

 Anime cliches and stereotypes on the go.

 Well, it seems I'm back again with Blazblue, Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma on the Vita this time around. I've written about pretty much every Blazblue game I purchased sans the original Continuum Shift, and considering I own BB games on PS3 and Switch might as well triple dip and get the Vita port, right? I love the Vita after all!

 Well, I won't go much in-depth as I've already written about this game before, and this Vita release is pretty much identical. You get all the modes, this means the detailed tutorial, the boring story mode, the mandatory Arcade and VS, as well as all the fun modes BB is known for, such as the Survival/Abyss mode. Since this is a straight-up port, it's as scummy as the original release, since one of the DLC characters not only does he appear on the game's cover, you also get to fight him twice during the story mode. Ah, yes, ArkSys' horrid DLC practices at their finest.

 The game works pretty much exactly as it did on PS3, however, the audio quality is a bit suspect. What's more, while in-game audio can be set to English or Japanese, the Story Mode only gets the English dub, which is kinda lame. That said, on the visual side of things, the character sprites look very crisp, it's a very nice looking 2-D game and the framerate holds up... at least anywhere except during the Story Mode's final boss, which feels as if it's running at 15 FPS at most.

 On the more technical side of things, the loading times when going back to the main menu feel a bit lengthy, but loading in-between fights is pretty swift. I only had trouble getting the 'press all face buttons' actions to go off, so I had to rely on shortcuts. That aside, the controls worked pretty well.

 Chrono Phantasma on the Vita is a very good port of a pretty decent fighting game. I'd say I'm impressed, but I've seen Fighting games on the System, and developers usually got them right,  So, yeah, it's a good port, it's a decent version sans a few small gripes.

 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment