Sunday, November 24, 2019

The DLC Report: Samurai Shodown DLC #4 - Kazuki Kazama

 Best Kazama, hands down.
 Full disclosure, Kazuki is one of my favorite characters of all time, and my favorite Samurai Shodown character. I mean, he is right here on my Official Facebook Favorite Fighting Game Characters List(TM).
 Now then, on one hand I'm quite happy that he is back into the game, and I think he was deserving of a spot on the initial release, but on the other hand... I'm kinda sad that if I ever uninstall the game, I need to download him again. Hopefully the Switch version has him on the cart. Regardless, he is here and comes with a Retro PS1/style costume as well as a Yellow color palette. He was made for me.

 Kazuki made the translation into 3-D perfectly well, he has his three trademark special moves, a command grab(borrowed by Rurouni Kenshin's Makoto Shishio!), a projectile and a exploding-clone retreat move. He can also summon a fire wisp behind him, and can be powered up three times, in order to perform stronger versions of the grab and fire ball. All in all, a fairly decent moveset, I absolutely love him. I would've liked a cameo by Enja, the fire spirit trapped in his sword, but that might've been asking for too much.
 10 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment