Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Now Playing: Disgaea 2, Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel, Shin Megami Tensei IV

 Well, slow month I guess? So big-ish update:
 Disgaea 2 is boring. I dunno, maybe I've fallen of the Strategy-RPG bandwagon or sumthin', but I just can't get into the game. The characters are boring stereotypes, getting skills is a slog... I dunno. To think that Disgaea 1 was my favorite videogame for a while! But when I played through Disgaea 3 I could feel that the magic was gone. Ah well, I'm midway through chapter 4, I just want to get done with this game.

 Now we are cooking! Finally I got to go through everything Borderlands 2 had to offer. But that's not the main catch with this pack, it's The Pre-Sequel where it's at! And... I'm not liking it too much. It's Borderlands 2 + floaty physics, which I've never liked + having to keep track of the oxygen gauge. Also, I can't stand the new characters. Janis is annoying, the mayor was dull, I didn't need to see Moxxi's 'other side', etc. Yeah, it's a bit disappointing, but I wasn't expecting much out of it anyways.

 I'm a bit of a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei serie, and Nocturne, AKA Shin Megami Tensei III, was amazing, so I was expecting a lot out of SMT IV. It's too early to emit a a precise judgement, but I'm liking it, and it's challenging from the start to boot! That's the SMT I like! Although the penalty for dying seems a bit too forgiving, since you can cheat death with money. Regardless, demons can be proper jerks when it comes to joining your side.
 My only complaint with SMT IV would be the presentation, the 3DS can do so much better than static sprites for enemies, and the first-person perspective during battles is a bit boring. I could excuse it in Soul Hackers since it was an older game, but I kinda expected a bit more from a post-Nocturne game.

No comments:

Post a Comment