Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Now Playing: Soul Sacrifice

 It's cool, it's cool.
 I love Monster Hunter, well it's not like I played any other MH game besides Tri, but hey, I liked Tri. And I liked Gods Eater Burst, so I decided it was time to play another MH Clone(Or how the Vita Fanboys would rather call them, 'Raid game').

 The concept is relatively original, you partake in the memoirs of Magusar, the Wizard that keeps you in captivity, and by doing so, you grow stronger and more powerful, so that you can eventually challenge Magusar himself. I liked how you can challenge Magusar at any point in time. I managed to break off one of the seal rings around his barrier, not too shabby!

 As for the hunting, I'm not particularly a fan, but I think I could get used to it eventually, basically, you can have two three-spell loadouts with you at any time, and are used with Square, Triangle and Circle respectively, while R is used to toggle between load-outs. I mean, I guess it's sorta nice to have these many tools available, but I also like having in-depth movesets with one weapon... still, this is just a matter of preference. Plus, I still haven't gotten access to the 'Sacrifices', apparently you can sacrifice body parts(Health I'm guessing?) for one time boosts, or something like that, so there's always that.

 What I didn't like: the tutorial, it's pretty much bare bones. Like the Saving/Sacrificing mechanic, were the boosts permanent? Turns out they are, but it didn't tell me at the time. I wish there was some sort of in-game document, since Vita games don't carry instruction booklets, detailing the inner workings of the game. I mean, I managed to get the hang of everything I was told by the third mission, but I still feel as if the game could convey information in a better way.

 Ah well, onwards, I've body parts to dispose of.

No comments:

Post a Comment