Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bound in Paper Quickie #9: Batman and Robin Volume 2

 It gets better.
 (Includes issues 5 to 8)
 Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
 Artist: Patrick Gleason
 Continuing from where we last left off, Robin left to join Nobody, as he attempts to "free" him from the self imposed shackles Batman got him to wear. These issues have loads of action and loads of tender moments between Bruce, Alfred and Damian. It also explores a bit of Bruce's past, giving him a bit more depth, plus visiting Bruce's morale and why he chooses not to kill. Sadly, it also has a very cheesy moment, "Forgive me father, for I have sinned"? Seriously?
 Gleason's art started to grow on me, while I still dislike his faces, everything else is pretty on point. Batman VS Nobody was pretty epic. There's also a lot of neat visual treats throught the issue, so I'd say it's pretty nice.
 I award it 9 Batarangs out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment