Thursday, August 15, 2013

Archview #50 aproaches!

 So, Archview 50 approaches and I wanna make it special. Kinda. Maybe. Hopefully. I've thought of two different... approaches: Either a game that meant something to me or a game that I was or am really hyped for. Going into specifics, I'd rather play a JRPG game of sorts, since I already played many of them this year and I hunger for more. Two games that I considered were Final Fantasy VII, which I player on the latter months of the past year and Persona 4, but I've already talked loads about VII and both games would score 10, no doubt about it, so I want something different.
 As for games I'm hyped about, there are two different games I'd like to make the Archview number 50, either Tales of Xillia or Dynasty Warriors 8. As for Tales of Xillia, I love the Tales series, and after not knowing if it would make it overseas, it would make it a nice conmemoration. But then there's Dynasty Warriors 8, which is considered by series veterans to be fantastic, and unlike most people outside Asia, I really love the series. I've covered DW 1, 6, 7 and SW 3, and do plan to cover the whole series(Which will take longer than expected, since the import laws changed, I hate Uruguay), so DW 8 means at least a tiny something to my blog. I think.
 Other games I considered, a bit less so, were: Pandora's Tower, Quest 64, Castlevania LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Phoenix Wright 5, SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1, Castlevania PoR, Bleach BoF and Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

 Pandora's Tower: I played and enjoyed both Last Story and Xenoblade. I actually sent E-Mails to Nintendo, as part of Operation Rainfall since I really wanted these games to come over. This would have some semblance of meaning, at least to me, so I wouldn't mind tackling it.

 Quest 64: I don't care that people hate it, this, along Final Fantasy VII, were my first RPGs and I still hold Quest 64 close to my heart, and wouldn't mind replaying it. The problem is that I have no Nintendo 64(Selling both the game and the system... Regret undying), and the N64 emulator isn't too reliable.

  Castlevania LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Phoenix Wright 5: These are the three reasons that convinced me to get a 3DS. And I already own 2 out of 3(Capcom, release PW in physical format. You must) so any of them is fair game.... although CV got mixed reviews, and I'm not a fan of SMT IV's microtransactions...

 Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1: This game has one of my favorite endings ever, even if it's a cliffhanger. I really wouldn't mind replaying this game, maybe even playing it with part 2 and reviewing the whole product? But on the other hand, I really would prefer playing something I haven't played before. Or that I own and have not replayed since buying it.

 Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Bleach the Blade of Fate: The very first DS games I bought, I still adore them so, but I will leave Bleach: BoF for a certain piece I want to write about it and it's sequel.

 Zone of the Enders HD Collection: Zone of the Enders 2 is epic, and one of my favorite PS2 games of all time. And I could never really play beyond the... initial 30 min or so of ZoE 1(Long story)... So this would actually make this both a game I haven't played and one that meant something for me. This one is highly likely to be my Archview number 50.

 So yeah, loads of decisions. Archview 48 will be Call of Juarez: Gunsling and 49: Way of the Samurai, so number 50 is waaay closer than it seems. That will be my second personal milestone! The first one was a 100 blog entries. Oh well, onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment