Doesn't matter what a scrappy TV show says, Hal ain't racist!
Well, Lanterns has come out and... it's exactly what one could've expected, another show in which the minority replacement is actually better and more deserving than the original. Yeah, they could've easily made John and Hal equals, but nah. But alas, we are here to talk about the action figure Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) that just came out. Well, he is just a John Stewart head-swap. I don't think this costume is as good as John's, but it's a decent modern Hal. I dig the metallic green! The worst bit about him is... well, that his skin looks kinda pasty or greenish, and that's because he turns pale when cold. I dislike gimmicks like that. A weird thing I noticed, this figure has a sculpted ring, while John didn't. Maybe mine has excess paint blurring the sculpt? Heck if I know!
His one accessory is a chainsaw construct that is pretty neat...
...whuch can extend itself into a sort of vice! Pretty cool. The handle is articulated too.
And before you ask, since he shares the same body as John, their accessories are compatible, you can even slot the chainsaw into John's giant fist.
Articulation is same old, same old. Single jointed elbows with an over 90 degree bend, double jointed knees and swivels on his waist, thighs and boots. It's a competent choice that allows him to be played with just fine.
And here he is compared to the DCUC figure. The metallic green on the old one was much nicer, but... it's one of the more brittle DCUC figures, I had TWO break on me, and that one's legs are held on together with super glue, so am I glad to finally be rid of it! Sans the metallic sheen and the skin tone, this one is better on every other front. He is slightly taller than Bucky Cap.
Hal's a good replacement for my old DCUC figure, but... He only comes with a single accessory, not even his Lantern, and his skin doesn't look quite right due to the temperature gimmick, so it's still not quite a perfect Hal figure.
...whuch can extend itself into a sort of vice! Pretty cool. The handle is articulated too.
And before you ask, since he shares the same body as John, their accessories are compatible, you can even slot the chainsaw into John's giant fist.
Articulation is same old, same old. Single jointed elbows with an over 90 degree bend, double jointed knees and swivels on his waist, thighs and boots. It's a competent choice that allows him to be played with just fine.
And here he is compared to the DCUC figure. The metallic green on the old one was much nicer, but... it's one of the more brittle DCUC figures, I had TWO break on me, and that one's legs are held on together with super glue, so am I glad to finally be rid of it! Sans the metallic sheen and the skin tone, this one is better on every other front. He is slightly taller than Bucky Cap.
Hal's a good replacement for my old DCUC figure, but... He only comes with a single accessory, not even his Lantern, and his skin doesn't look quite right due to the temperature gimmick, so it's still not quite a perfect Hal figure.
6.5







No comments:
Post a Comment