Friday, April 8, 2022

Game #1165: Granblue Fantasy Versus Legendary Edition

 Waste of time edition. 

 So, earlier this year I played Granblue Fantasy Versus, and it was pretty darn good. And then I found out that ArkSys would rerelease it as Granblue Fantasy Versus: Legendary Edition, including all the DLC. Just like they did with Dragon Ball Z Fighterz + Season 1 DLC, it's an entirely new SKU, so it's entirely and exclusively in Japanese. 

 Oh, and the DLC comes in a code. So you have to update the game and download the DLC. Absolutely unacceptable. Here's my thoughts on the game:

 I had to create a new Japanese account, and I was getting an undecipherable error when inputting an email address. One hour later, it fixed itself and it allowed me to use the address I wanted to. Fine. After enduring that, I downloaded the DLC and... the DLC characters were still locked. I searched everywhere for help, turns out I had to "restoring the licenses". FINALLY! The DLC characters were playable. So I went to play the game with my main account and... DLC was inaccessible. Even after restoring the licenses. This has never happened to me before. I can play my non-American game releases and their DLC, as long as I downloaded it, on my main account. But not this one. Bollocks to that.

 This rerelease is an absolute waste of time, at least if you can't read a lick of Japanese, and having the characters locked behind a DLC code plus a patch download beats the purpose of this rerelease. Absolute garbage, ArkSys should be ashamed of themselves. But of course, they aren't, they have always pulled off shady garbage like this. 

 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment