Thursday, March 25, 2021

Game #934: Robots

  I can be more than a robot~♫(Makes more sense in Spanish, I promise)

 I'll be 100% honest... I never watched Robots, not entirely, and yet... I kinda like it. I first came across the movie one day when zapping through channels, and the movie was close to its end... and then it ended and this catchy 'Yo puedo ser mas que un Robot' song started playing, a song exclusive to the Latin American localization. I'd eventually start catching the movie earlier and earlier, but I don't think I ever watched it from beginning to end, regardless, I think I like it, so I had to get the game.

 From what I've seen of the movie, the game follows the plot and aids the narrative by using short clips from the movie, albeit with new narration to link together every stage. The game is your average platformer, or rather, would be if it had stuck to that. For starters, the jumping and the three-hit combo feel really nice, which is something that many third-rate platformers have trouble getting right. There are a few puzzle elements here and there, so you get various tools, such as a magnet beam or an electro beam, but most of the puzzles only require the basic scrap shooter most of the time. There are a few sections in which you'll drive inside a ball, and it's halfway decent, so no complaints there.

 The game's main issue is.... it's kinda boring. If it was an average platformer, get from A to B, I think it would've fared better, but most levels task you with collecting X amount, usually 16, of something, usually blueprints. But it's not very fun, y'know? You can purchase an upgrade that highlights mandatory items when in first person, and it helps, but it's still a bit boring, there's too much stuff to collect and levels end up feeling needlessly bloated.

 It's alright, y'know? It gets some things right, which is pretty neat, but it also gets a few things wrong which made the game a bit boring. If you enjoyed the movie, you might get a few kicks outta this one.

 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment