Monday, October 28, 2019

The DLC Report: Samurai Shodown DLC #3 - Basara

 I see dead people. Well, Basara does.
 I don't like Basara, I never really did. However, ever since he was first introduced he became a staple sadist character in the series, and Samurai Shodown doesn't really feel the same without him, so I'm glad he's in. I'm not fond of his design, but I know a lot of people are, so I'm glad he made the transition so well.

 I also enjoy having a new style added to the game, Basara is a long-range trickster, with underground Shoryukens and boomerang-projectiles, not to mention his Medium and Strong attacks being long-ranged. I'm not a fan of trickster-style characters, but I'm glad we get such a unique new toolset into the game.  Definitely a great addition to the game, one I'm not fond of but one I can respect.
 8.0 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment