Saturday, July 7, 2018

Gundam Versus Impressions Part 1(SEED, ZZ)

 As per usual when a new game in the franchise is introduced, I'm gonna go suit by suit. I began with Seed and ZZ this time, most suits felt pretty much exactly like they did in Extreme VS.

Gundam SEED

Strike Gundam
 Let's start with what used to be my favorite suit in Extreme VS, nothing has changed about Strike, it's still a fun all-around unit. That said, Impulse on Full Boost has spoiled me, so I didn't enjoy him as much as I used to. Plus, he feels a bit weaker than he used to.

Freedom Gundam
 Pretty much the same suit it's always been, it has a wide variety of beam attacks, but it works well at any distance.

Providence Gundam
 I wasn't the biggest fan of its Extreme VS iteration, although I enjoyed him in Gundam VS Gundam. For whatever reason, my opinion on this suit has changed and I loved it. The Providence Gundam is a beast, funnels are great to use and its projectiles are way too strong. I love it.

 Duel Gundam(Assault Shroud)
 Straight out of Maxi Boost, this unit plays just like it did in Extreme VS but with the ability to purge and re-equip the shroud at will, which makes it a bit more fun to use. Regardless, the Duel Gundam has been a unit I've never really liked, even though its design is quite cool. It's too slow and weak for my taste.

Blitz Gundam
 Blitz used to be a DLC unit in Full Boost, so I never got to play it, that said, I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as it used to be in that game. The invisibility gimmick is quite useful, but both physical and beam attacks are too slow, making it a bit weak.

Forbidden Gundam
 I still dislike this one. The melee is weak, and the beams are slow. Nothing has changed.


Gundam ZZ

Qubeley Mark II
 For such a cheap unit, this one is REALLY good. I hadn't been a fan of this one previously, but I found it to be a terrific support unit thanks to its various projectile attacks to pester enemies with.

Qubeley
 Haman's Qubeley is an interesting unit because it has a ton of projectile tools... but where it really shines is in its strong, albeit long-winded, melee attacks. At close range, Qubeley can deal tons of damage if properly protected by a support unit, and its mid-range tools lets it close in while chipping away at its prey. It's quite good.

NEW ZZ Gundam
 A new unit, kinda, this is the simple ZZ Gundam that was featured in the original Extreme VS. It has good, although slow, attacks, which makes him fairly balanced, even if a bit slow. It's a good unit to have at mid range.

ZZ Gundam Full Armor
 Horrid melee, even if it looks cool, but massive and strong beams. It can now unequip and equip its armor at will. Without its armor it gains a more balanced moveset, with decent melee and decent, albeit low on ammo, projectiles. It's a great unit with proper support.


Bonus:

Gundam Throne Drei
 A really fast, and really weak, gimmick unit. It has lost some moves, thus it can only work as a support unit. That said, it's main gimmick is the stealth field, which turns all locks on friendly units into green locks. I wasn't much of a fan then, and the nerfs don't help, so I won't be using this one very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment