Monday, November 2, 2015

Now Playing: Dynasty Warriors 8

 Mayhaps the best 'Warriors' game yet?
 It's no secret that I've a bit of a soft spot of the 'Warriors' franchise, something about bashing thousands of soldiers' heads in just sounds so appealing in my book! As someone who has somewhat followed the franchise since Dynasty Warriors 2, I'm quite tempted to say that this is the best 'Warriors' game yet.

 So, I've cleared Wei's story(Both routes) and find myself midway through Shu's campaign, and I think I'm in love. For starters, the game has, what I feel are, the best character designs yet. As for how the story is told, it follows DW 7's brilliant blueprint.
 On the surface, the combat is exactly like it was in DW 7, but there's a ton of new weapons, there's a unique weapon for each of the 80+ characters in the roster as a matter of fact, and every moveset I've tried so far(And I've tried a lot!) feels so flashy and rewarding. And the new 'Rage' mechanic? It sounded and looked gimmicky, but lemme tell ya, it feels SO. DARN. GOOD to execute.

 Surprisingly, I always felt that Dynasty Warriors 7 was lacking 'something', and I can't quite put my finger on what, but this game's got it. I'd go as far as to say that this game is as good, if not better than Warriors Orochi 3, a game that celebrated everything 'Warriors', that's how much I'm digging this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment